An early hurdle when switching to OpenOffice will be the question of whether you can still share documents with MS Office users. Of course you can! Here we edit a document in both MS Word 2003 and OpenOffice 3.1 Writer to show that all formatting is preserved.
You can read a bit more about MS Office and OpenOffice.
- New Video Published: Series Overview in 4 minutes (OpenOffice 3.1 for Word users)
- New Video Published: Working with an OpenDocument Format (.odt) file
- New Video Published: Installing OpenOffice 3.1 on Windows XP
- OpenOffice 3.1 Writer Tutorial
- New Video Published: Help! Manuals, Forums and Mail lists