Do you want to learn OpenOffice Writer? OOo Writer is the open-source world’s answer to Microsoft Word – it is pretty much feature compatible in every respect, it works the same way and you can edit and share .doc files just as if you were using Word. You can even open older .doc files that Word itself has trouble working with!
The series is called OpenOffice Writer 3.1 for Microsoft Word Users, it has 11 episodes lasting for 45 minutes. The episodes easily bring you up-to-speed on the following:
- Series Overview in 4 minutes (OpenOffice 3.1 for Word users) [FREE]
- Installing OpenOffice 3.1 on Windows XP [FREE]
- Working with Word (.doc) files
- Working with an OpenDocument Format (.odt) file
- Help! Manuals, Forums and Mail lists
- Basic Formatting (bold, italic etc)
- Exporting to PDF, HTML, MediaWiki
- Find and Replace, Undo
- Spell Checker
This series is part of our Club, you’ll need to buy membership to get full access but the first two episodes are free. The Club contains over 10 hours of extra videos, mostly focused right now on teaching you Python Programming. More OpenOffice videos will follow.
We have a Learning Path for OpenOffice tutorials, you’ll find them here. This Path will take you through all of our tutorials for OOo (both free and Club).If you enjoyed this post, make sure you subscribe to my RSS feed!
- New Video Published: Series Overview in 4 minutes (OpenOffice 3.1 for Word users)
- New Video Published: Installing OpenOffice 3.1 on Windows XP
- New Video Published: Working with Word (.doc) files
- New Video Published: Working with an OpenDocument Format (.odt) file
- New Video Published: Help! Manuals, Forums and Mail lists